Keemun Aromatic Snail Tea
- Growing area: Qimen, Huangshan, Anhui, China
- Tea type: Black tea
- Harvest season: Spring tea
- Harvest date: April 25th, 2015
- Dry leaf: The tea leaves are tightly, curly, spiral in shape with glossy and brownish black in colour.
- Aroma: Roasted sweet potato flavour with a lingering aroma.
- Liquor color: Clear golden yellow
- Mouthfeel: At the very start it creates a light taste in mouth, and then it turns mellow and sweet on the finish.
- Tea species: Keemun Zhuye species
- Fermentation: Fully fermented
- Caffeine: 26 – 40 mg
- Storage: Keep this tea in an airtight container away from high temperature, sunlight, moisture and abnormal smell.
- Shelf Life: 36 months
The tea gardens of The Zhuye (槠叶) tea trees are grown in the area located at 400m above sea level. It is allowed to pick a single bud with one or two fresh leaves for making this tea. The distinguished traits of Zhuye bush are the following: clear, golden yellow colour and a smooth, mellow and slightly sweet taste. A long lasting roasted sweet potato flavour is specific for this kind of tea. When brewing Keemun Aromatic Snail Tea you may see purple bronze colour, the softness and delicateness of the leaves can be felt when touched.
Recommend Brewing Guide
Teapot: 17 oz / 500 ml
185℉ / 85℃
Use 7 Grams Tea
Brewing time: 3-5 mins
Chinese Gongfu Way
Gaiwan: 3 oz / 85 ml
185℉ / 85℃
Use 5 Grams Tea
6 steeps : rinse, 10s,15s,15s, 25s, 35s, 60s