Keemun Imperial Black Tea
- Growing area: Qimen, Huangshan, Anhui, China
- Tea type: Black tea
- Harvest season: Spring tea
- Harvest date: April 10th, 2015
- Dry leaf: The black bloom leaves are curly, wiry and well twisted with a high percentage of tiny golden tips.
- Aroma: Roasted sweet potato aroma mixed with lingering aroma.
- Liquor color: Clear orange red
- Mouthfeel: Smooth and soft with rich aromas of roasted sweet potato
- Tea species: Keemun Zhuye
- Fermentation: Fully fermented
- Caffeine: 26 – 40 mg
- Storage: Keep this tea in an airtight container away from high temperature, sunlight, moisture and abnormal smell.
- Shelf Life: 36 months
Keemun Imperial Black Tea is being grown in the major producing area of Keemun tea at the height of 800 m above sea level. The tea is hand-picked as one bud with one leaf that only starts to open up (Chu zhan “初展“). It is picked only during the Chinese season of Qing Ming when spring starts. Once the fresh leaves are picked, they are loaded with nutrients. As a result after the drying process is complete the leaves are neat and bold with high percentage of tiny golden tips. The taste of this drink is mellow and creates a pleasant smooth sensation in your mouth. A great flavor of roasted sweet potato flavor mixed somewhat flower aroma makes the impression of the first infusion of this tea. The second one tastes very mellow and after the third one you can feel the lingering sweet and fragrant aftertaste for more enjoyment.
Recommend Brewing Guide
Water : 17oz / 500ml 185℉ / 85℃
Use 7 Grams Tea
Brewing time: 3 – 5 mins
Chinese Gongfu Way
Water : 3oz / 85ml 185℉ / 85℃
Use 5 Grams Tea
4 steeps : rinse, 25s,35s,45s, 55s