- Origin Place: Lugu Village, Nantou, Taiwan.
- Harvest Time: April 22, 2015
- Fresh Leaf: one bud with two or three leaves
- Dry Tea: twisted into small particles, in dark green color, glossy.
- Tea Liquid: presents golden yellow color, bright and clean
- Flavor: smooth and soft, full and profound flavor with sweet roasting taste.
- Tea Leaf: after brewing, the leaves are soft, unfurling in complete shape.
- Infusing: can be infused for over 8 steeps with long time for each steep.
The excellence of Taiwan Oolong teas can be brought by Dong Ding Oolong Tea. Dongding Mountain, a branch of Phoenix Mountain, in Lugu Village, Nantou County, Taiwan is the origin area of growing Dong Ding tea. This plantation area is located at 1000 meters altitude. Dong Ding is high mountain tea which you can tell by its pleasant floral aroma. Qing Xin Oolong tea tree is the plant which Roasted Dong Ding Oolong Tea is made of. Smoothness and briskness of the liquid is provided by the thick and soft roasted leaf of Dong Ding Oolong. Being a high mountain tea with floral notes, the liquid tastes richer and more delicious, giving this Dong Ding Oolong tea the advantage before the low altitude teas. Tea lover will be delighted with different flavors.
The process of roasting differs in Dong Ding Qing Xiang Oolong Tea (not roasted) and Moderately-Roasted Dong Ding Oolong. Moderately-Roasted Dong Ding obtains great sweet roasted taste after the process and makes the feeling more mellow and full.
Recommend Brewing Guide
Teapot: 17 oz / 500 ml
203℉ / 95℃
Use 1 Tablespoon / 8 Grams Tea
Brewing time: 1-5 mins
Chinese Gongfu Way
Gaiwan: 3 oz / 85 ml
203℉ / 95℃
Use 7 Grams Tea
7 steeps : rinse,15s,15s,20s,30s,40s,60s,80s
Rinsing time is around 5 seconds