Yunnan Dian Hong Ancient Tree Black Tea
- Growing Area: Fengqing, Lincang, Yunnan
- Tea type: Black tea
- Harvest season: Spring tea
- Harvest date: 4/1/2015
- Dry leaf: The leaves are shiny brown, curly, wiry and well twisted with a high percentage of golden tips evident.
- Aroma: akin to rose scent mixed with fruity and honey aroma.
- Liquor color: bright orange red
- Mouthfeel: It has rich, mellow taste and long-lasting fragrance/ ancient tree flavor.
- Tea species: Fengqing large leaf ancient tree
- Tea age: Over 800 years
- Fermentation: Fully fermented
- Caffeine Scale: 40mg/237ml
- Storage: Keep this tea in an airtight container away from high temperature, sunlight, moisture and abnormal taste.
- Shelf Life: 36 months
This tea is grown in a traditional way from the ancient trees located in the deep mountainous area of Fengqing, Yunnan. This provides natural ecologic environment and organic grown conditions especially for black teas. The soil is luxuriated and rich with nutrients for the black teas because of the decomposition of the fallen leaves and wild fruits for many years. The great thing about this tea is that its leaves can be infused up to 8 times without bitterness because they are abundant in nutritious materials. The drink is rich, mellow, smooth and mild by taste with enjoyable lingering sweetness in aftertaste.
Recommend Brewing Guide
Teapot: 17 oz / 500 ml
194℉ / 90℃
Use 7 Grams Tea
Brewing time: 5-8 mins
Chinese Gongfu Way
Gaiwan: 3 oz / 85 ml
194℉ / 90℃
Use 5 Grams Tea
6 steeps : rinse, 5s,10s,15s, 20s, 30s, 50s